Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

100 Must-Read Medieval Historical Fiction Novels

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Rowan
Bibliophile
Interest in HF: I love history, but it's boring in school. Historical fiction brings it alive for me.
Preferred HF: Iron-Age Britain, Roman Britain, Medieval Britain

100 Must-Read Medieval Historical Fiction Novels

Postby Rowan » Tue September 12th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Can't recall how I found this link from BookRiot, but I did scan through it and found over 30 books I hadn't heard of which interested me. Some of our members are even on this list like Susan Higginbotham and C.W. Gortner and Elizabeth Chadwick. Of course there may be others of our members who made it on the list, I just don't know who you are. ;)

100 Medieval Books

red805
Reader

Re: 100 Must-Read Medieval Historical Fiction Novels

Postby red805 » Tue September 12th, 2017, 8:01 pm

He missed one of my favorites - The Falcon of Palermo by Maria R. Bordihn. In looking up Maria Bordihn on Amazon, it looks like she's written another book - Die Kaiserin von Ravenna, but my German is very elementary & it looks like there is no English edition at this point, even though the publication date is 2012. I'd love to see that in English!

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favorite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Re: 100 Must-Read Medieval Historical Fiction Novels

Postby Lisa » Mon November 27th, 2017, 11:25 am

Thank you for the link Rowan, I only just got to it now but there are lots of interesting sounding books on there that I've never heard of! I only own 16 of the titles mentioned and haven't even read them all yet...

Return to “General Discussion”