Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forthcoming Books: 2015 edition

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 7th, 2015, 9:23 pm

[quote=""Nefret""]According to the Philippa Gregory website, she will be writing about Katherine Parr.[/quote]

Think she's going to continue the Curse nonsense some more?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 7th, 2015, 9:33 pm

Uhoh. I shouldn't have gone to her website and looked. The historian myth continues. :mad:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Wed January 7th, 2015, 10:26 pm

[quote=""Misfit""]Think she's going to continue the Curse nonsense some more?[/quote]

She'll probably continue her own version of history.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 7th, 2015, 11:07 pm

[quote=""Nefret""]She'll probably continue her own version of history.[/quote]

Definitely.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 21st, 2015, 4:34 pm

I just spotted this book mentioned over at the Vine forums (ARCs are showing up).

Into the Savage Country: A Novel by Shannon Burke. That sounds good.

This breathtaking adventure set in the American West of the 1820s is at once a tale of complex friendships, a love story, and a panoramic retelling of a crucial moment in American history.
When the young William Wyeth leaves St. Louis for a fur-trapping expedition, he nearly loses his life and quickly discovers the depth of loyalty among the men who must depend on one another to survive. While convalescing, he falls in love with proud Alene, a young widow who may or may not wait for him. And on a wildly risky expedition into Crow territory, Wyeth finds himself unwittingly at the center of a deadly boundary dispute among Native American tribes, the British government, and American trapping brigades. A classic adventure told with great suspense and literary flair, Into the Savage Country illuminates the ways in which extreme circumstances expose the truth about the natures of individual men and the surprising mechanics of their bravery, loyalty, and friendship.

Berengaria
Avid Reader

Post by Berengaria » Tue January 27th, 2015, 1:07 am

[quote=""Mythica""]The Price of Blood: A Novel (Book 2 in the Emma of Normandy Trilogy) by Patricia Bracewell
US: Feb 2015

Readers first met Emma of Normandy in Patricia Bracewell’s gripping debut novel, Shadow on the Crown. Unwillingly thrust into marriage to England’s King Æthelred, Emma has given the king a son and heir, but theirs has never been a happy marriage. In The Price of Blood, Bracewell returns to 1006 when a beleaguered Æthelred, still haunted by his brother’s ghost, governs with an iron fist and a royal policy that embraces murder.

As tensions escalate and enmities solidify, Emma forges alliances to protect her young son from ambitious men—even from the man she loves. In the north there is treachery brewing, and when Viking armies ravage England, loyalties are shattered and no one is safe from the sword.
Rich with intrigue, compelling personalities, and fascinating detail about a little-known period in history, The Price of Blood will captivate fans of both historical fiction and fantasy novels such as George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones series.

Image[/quote]
I have this ordered on my Kobo! Can't wait! :)
Image My 4 girls!

“No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. She will not want new fashions nor regret the loss of expensive diversions or variety of company if she can be amused with an author in her closet.” ~Lady Montagu

Berengaria
Avid Reader

Post by Berengaria » Tue January 27th, 2015, 1:08 am

[quote=""princess garnet""]I remember CW Gortner saying he would be writing about Lucrezia Borgia awhile back.[/quote]
He is doing a novel about Coco Chanel, I believe?
Image My 4 girls!

“No entertainment is so cheap as reading, nor any pleasure so lasting. She will not want new fashions nor regret the loss of expensive diversions or variety of company if she can be amused with an author in her closet.” ~Lady Montagu

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sat January 31st, 2015, 2:37 pm

[quote=""Berengaria""]He is doing a novel about Coco Chanel, I believe?[/quote]

Yes, I believe that is what I read on FB as well.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat February 7th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Sun February 8th, 2015, 4:41 am

I've read a few books from that author, and my guess would be non-fiction.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Return to “General Discussion”