Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

E-book Freebies and Deals: 2014

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue December 16th, 2014, 3:47 pm

[quote=""LadyB""]Daughters of the Storm by Elizabeth Buchan is free today on Amazon UK.

Kindle reprint of a 1990s historical romance, set during the French Revolution.[/quote]

I've read that. It was one of those old finds in the used book store that hardly anyone had heard about at the time. French Revolution. Free on this side of the pond.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Ludmilla
Bibliophile

Post by Ludmilla » Tue December 16th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Speaking of books that take place during the French Revolution, I read Isolde Martyn's Fleur-de-Lis earlier this year and loved it. I don't know about elsewhere, but it's available at the bargain price of $3.99 at Amazon-US (or free if you have KU). I thought it was well worth paying for. It's one of those books that due to cover probably gets classified as straight romance but it's really strong as a romantic historical and consequently falls in the categorical cracks. Personally, I consider it a hidden gem.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Tue December 16th, 2014, 6:37 pm

[quote=""Ludmilla""]Speaking of books that take place during the French Revolution, I read Isolde Martyn's Fleur-de-Lis earlier this year and loved it. I don't know about elsewhere, but it's available at the bargain price of $3.99 at Amazon-US (or free if you have KU). I thought it was well worth paying for. It's one of those books that due to cover probably gets classified as straight romance but it's really strong as a romantic historical and consequently falls in the categorical cracks. Personally, I consider it a hidden gem.[/quote]

Oh, thanks for that. I have KU and downloading in 5...4...3...2...1...

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Tue December 16th, 2014, 7:48 pm

[quote=""LadyB""]Daughters of the Storm by Elizabeth Buchan is free today on Amazon UK.

Kindle reprint of a 1990s historical romance, set during the French Revolution.[/quote]

Just got it, thank you LadyB. :)

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Thu December 18th, 2014, 9:39 am

Amazon UK deal of the day:

All the Susanna Kearsley titles available on Kindle are 99p today :)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu December 18th, 2014, 1:02 pm

[quote=""LadyB""]Amazon UK deal of the day:

All the Susanna Kearsley titles available on Kindle are 99p today :) [/quote]

Nice deal.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Fri December 19th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Zemindar by Valerie Fitzgerald is £0.59 on Amazon UK right now. Sounds like it might appeal to fans of The Far Pavilions.

Oops forgot the link, here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zemindar-Valeri ... s=zemindar

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Fri December 19th, 2014, 4:03 pm

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]Zemindar by Valerie Fitzgerald is £0.59 on Amazon UK right now. Sounds like it might appeal to fans of The Far Pavilions.

Oops forgot the link, here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zemindar-Valeri ... s=zemindar[/quote]

Sigh...I wish they'd digitalize that in the US. Excellent book.

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Fri December 19th, 2014, 4:49 pm

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]Zemindar by Valerie Fitzgerald is £0.59 on Amazon UK right now. Sounds like it might appeal to fans of The Far Pavilions.

Oops forgot the link, here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zemindar-Valeri ... s=zemindar[/quote]

Thanks Miss Moppet! I haven't read this but it looks really good. I've just bought it :)

Return to “General Discussion”