Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

what time period would you like to "spy" on?

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed October 8th, 2008, 1:32 am

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]So many choices! But for one thing, I'd love to have read Dickens's novels in the original serialized versions.[/quote]

:) :) Why am I not surprised? Always a Dickens gal. Makes me wonder what it would be like to read Dumas in the original serialized versions :o

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed October 8th, 2008, 1:32 am

I wouldn't mind seeing the first performance of "Carmen".

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

xiaotien
Reader

Post by xiaotien » Wed October 8th, 2008, 2:50 am

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]So many choices! But for one thing, I'd love to have read Dickens's novels in the original serialized versions.[/quote]

haha, i love it!

just to *read* the original.
SILVER PHOENIX : Beyond the Kingdom of Xia
greenwillow / harpercollins summer '09

cindypon.com

Margaret
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: I can't answer this in 100 characters. Sorry.
Favourite HF book: Checkmate, the final novel in the Lymond series
Preferred HF: Literary novels. Late medieval and Renaissance.

Post by Margaret » Wed October 8th, 2008, 5:09 am

Moses parting the Red Sea
I would love to go back and see this! Years ago, there was scientific speculation that this phenomenon could actually have been the result of an earthquake at a particular location. All the Bible Story pamphlets I read as a kid showed the sea parting neatly and everyone walking across with dry feet. But surely the sea bottom would be muddy, wouldn't it? And wouldn't it be terrifying to walk through with those massive walls of water on both sides? But maybe when the water parted there was a mile or more of "dry" space in between. This story always got my imagination going.

EC, I would love to meet your friend someday and ask her about a few choice people and places! Or better yet, acquire her talent.
Browse over 5000 historical novel listings (probably well over 5000 by now, but I haven't re-counted lately) and over 700 reviews at www.HistoricalNovels.info

chuck
Bibliophile

Post by chuck » Wed October 8th, 2008, 3:12 pm

I would enjoy seeing the original Seven wonders of the World.....and explore the Alexandrian Library ......

Return to “General Discussion”