Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

the old forum is back, but...

For discussions of historical fiction. Threads that do not relate to historical fiction should be started in the Chat forum or elsewhere on the forum, depending on the topic.
Mara
Scribbler

Post by Mara » Wed September 3rd, 2008, 9:51 pm

Is Dobie here? She only joined in August and I've just come across her when checking my old posts.

wendallpauls
Scribbler

Post by wendallpauls » Sat September 6th, 2008, 6:54 pm

I am confused. I read Marg's post on what is going on from her vantage point, but I still don't get it. Are the new, new owners (I wasn't even aware that Jim... whateverhisnamewas wasn't the 'owner' of the site - whatever that means) are these new owners trying to do exactly... what?

Oh, and thanks for the PMs telling me about the changes. When I saw the old site was back up and running, I thought it was just a glitch.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat September 6th, 2008, 7:11 pm

WP, glad to see you here. There's another thread in the chat forum that might answer your questions better.

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sat September 6th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Wp glad to see you made it over to the new board :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

wendallpauls
Scribbler

Post by wendallpauls » Sun September 7th, 2008, 5:55 am

I'm glad to be here, and I will search out that other thread; but I'm still at a loss as to understand what exactly is going on. As usual I seem to be a step behind everyone else. This is a strange business, the world of Internet websites. If I may ask the dumb question here (if I haven't done so already) what's to keep this site from suffering the same fate as the other?

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun September 7th, 2008, 6:20 am

Because the administrators own the site so we are not relying on anyone else to do anything for us.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

wendallpauls
Scribbler

Post by wendallpauls » Sun September 7th, 2008, 6:26 am

[quote=""diamondlil""]Because the administrators own the site so we are not relying on anyone else to do anything for us.[/quote]

Thanks Marg. I wish Rebecca had kept control of the old site, rather than sell it to whatshisname, and then whatever happened over there wouldn't have happened.

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Sun September 7th, 2008, 6:28 am

Don't totally agree with you there. Rebecca wanted to sell and that is fine. It would have been nice if the members had of been given the option to buy it all that time ago, but it is a long time gone now.
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

wendallpauls
Scribbler

Post by wendallpauls » Sun September 7th, 2008, 6:35 am

What is past is certainly past, and we can't go forward without leaving it there. It would have been nice though if she had given it to the members, or sold to someone who actually carried an interest in historical fiction like the members upon this site. But anyway, onward and upward. :)

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun September 7th, 2008, 3:35 pm

Yeah Im sure if we had been givenan option a fewpeople would have bought it. I know I would have to keep the site running. Its sad we didnt get a crack at it. But it is what it is and now we have this site, and its all cool.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Return to “General Discussion”