Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January 2012: Marie Antoinette

A monthly discussion on varying themes guided by our members. (Book of the Month discussions through December 2011 can be found in this section too.)
princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Thu June 7th, 2012, 1:26 am

Rockygirl, by MT, do you mean her daughter? The two novels I've read are Madame Royale by EM Vidal and The Lacemaker and the Princess by Kimberly B. Bradley. The 2nd title is for younger readers.
Last edited by princess garnet on Thu June 7th, 2012, 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

rockygirl
Avid Reader

Post by rockygirl » Thu June 7th, 2012, 11:17 pm

[quote=""princess garnet""]Rockygirl, by MT, do you mean her daughter? The two novels I've read are Madame Royale by EM Vidal and The Lacemaker and the Princess by Kimberly B. Bradley. The 2nd title is for younger readers.[/quote]

No, I should have realized I was causing confusion (smacks self in head). I mean her mother, the Empress Maria Theresa.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Fri June 8th, 2012, 4:03 pm

[quote=""rockygirl""]Since I finished Madame Tussaud today, I went right into the Grey book, becoming Marie Antoinette. However, I must confess that my real interest is MT--has anyone read any historical fiction on her? I have a few biographies, but no HF.

Thanks![/quote]

Hi Rockygirl,

Do you mean Maria Theresia or MA's daughter Marie-Therese? I don't know of any novels about Maria Theresia sadly as she had an amazing life but Elena Maria Vidal has written Madame Royale about Marie-Therese.

Return to “Feature of the Month”