Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

4 wars are missing - 1812, 1846, 1861, Spanish-American

Francini

4 wars are missing - 1812, 1846, 1861, Spanish-American

Post by Francini » Mon March 16th, 2009, 5:52 pm

It seems to me that there should be a category for other things in the 19th century in addition to the Victorian age. The U. S. was in two ways before the Civil War, and also involvd in the Spanish-American War of the 1890s.

I write novels set during the American Civil War, but they don't seem to be in demand at the present time. Maybe I will live long enough to see the demand return. Things do run in cycles.

Volgadon
Compulsive Reader

Post by Volgadon » Mon March 16th, 2009, 6:05 pm

Yeah but they all took place in the Victorian age, with the exception of 1812, that is usualy under Napoleonic.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Mon March 16th, 2009, 6:43 pm

Feel free to start a thread if there's a particular era or war you wish to discuss relevant to historical fiction that's not covered in the broad subcategories.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Mon March 16th, 2009, 7:17 pm

David Nevin wrote a few novels in the time periods that you mention

Return to “By Era”