Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Calico Palace

peterinwa

Re: Calico Palace

Post by peterinwa » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 11:08 pm

I just finished Calico Palace for the 4th time. It was in my wife's grandmother's collection in the 70s when she moved in with us, and that's the first time I read it.

Since the review above gave away that Kendra's relationship with Ted doesn't last, I'll say that her fussing over it went on a bit too long for me. But that's the only flaw I can find!

What I really love about the author's writing is the friendships she develops between the characters. And I love that the characters mostly came to California for some story-worthy reason, like running from the law or a spouse. And both of these things are also true in Jubilee Trail, which I am reading now.

I got Jubilee Trail through my library's inter-library lending program. I'm about to order a third book by this author!

Return to “By Author's Last Name A-F”