Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Sat December 18th, 2010, 3:39 am

Is it true that they're making a movie of the Bronze Horseman?

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon December 20th, 2010, 6:22 am

Last edited by annis on Mon December 20th, 2010, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Tue December 21st, 2010, 6:56 am

Thanks for that
Henry Cavill would be great as Alexander

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Mon October 29th, 2012, 12:06 am

Very disappointed with The Summer Garden. I liked the first two books in this trilogy and found the two protagonists intriguing. My grandfather was Russian and I've been to St. Petersburg (formerly Leningrad). By the time I was into "The Summer Garden," I wanted to smack Alexander and Tatiana in the head. They became annoying, whining and complaining characters. Some of the plot lines went on and on and on. The flashbacks into Tatiana's life did nothing for the novel. The last part with the children and grandchildren was way too long and not really interesting. This book could have used a good editing and should have had half the pages. I'm going to stop here before I go on and on and on.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Mon October 29th, 2012, 12:10 pm

I have the first two on my shelves. I tried The Bronze Horseman a while ago but the voice felt very modern to me and I couldn't engage. Reader friends thought it was an excellent read so I've kept it, but it's still near the bottom of my TBR
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Susan
Bibliomaniac

Post by Susan » Mon October 29th, 2012, 1:15 pm

[quote=""EC2""]I have the first two on my shelves. I tried The Bronze Horseman a while ago but the voice felt very modern to me and I couldn't engage. Reader friends thought it was an excellent read so I've kept it, but it's still near the bottom of my TBR[/quote]

I did like The Bronze Horseman. The story of the Siege of Leningrad from one family's point of view was heart wrenching. Then second and third books of the trilogy don't match the first one.
~Susan~
~Unofficial Royalty~
Royal news updated daily, information and discussion about royalty past and present
http://www.unofficialroyalty.com/

Return to “By Author's Last Name R-Z”