Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

prince of foxes by Samuel Shellebarger

Elizabeth
Avid Reader

Post by Elizabeth » Wed June 9th, 2010, 5:35 pm

[quote=""MLE""]
Elizabeth, you might want to change your tag line. At first glance, I thought you were writing about Robert Browning. Not being much of a fan of his era, I glanced past it, uninterested. I had no idea the novel was about Renaissance Ferrara--which DOES interest me--until I looked at it closer on this thread.
(actually, I think I do remember you mentioning that in your introduction now, but there's an object lesson on how fleeting the attention span is.)[/quote]

Ack, I don't want that! Will change ASAP. Thanks for the tip!
THE RED LILY CROWN: A Novel of Medici Florence.
THE FLOWER READER.
THE SECOND DUCHESS.

www.elizabethloupas.com

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Wed June 9th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Ah, the new one has my interest at once!

Kveto from Prague
Compulsive Reader

Post by Kveto from Prague » Sat June 12th, 2010, 6:46 am

[quote=""MLE""]Oops, I stand corrected on the 'happily ever after' comment. Looks like Lucrezia didn't change much from the standards she was raised to, once married into Ferrara. And I see there are scads of novels out on her. Guess I never really looked.

[/quote]

I dont know for sure but im under the impression that Lucezia has been treated poorly by history. I dont think she was as devious as has been portrayed i think she was just easily manipulated by her brother and father, used as a conveinient tool in Roman politics. One thing that she had that all good italian woman of the time had was intense family loyalty. thats probably what got her in trouble.

Return to “Tudor/Renaissance”