Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Anne Boleyn Experience

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

The Anne Boleyn Experience

Post by Tanzanite » Sat July 25th, 2009, 1:07 am

A month or so ago I found a website about Anne Boleyn that has a lot of great information (and jewelry!). The gal that runs the site (Claire) has put together a four day tour next May that focuses on places in Anne's life. It includes accomodations at Hever Castle, visits to Hampton Court and the Tower of London, special tour guides, guests, books and other goodies. It's a little pricey though - $2500-$3100 (not including transportation to London).

This would be really cool - but since I just went to London a few months ago, I probably can't justify it again!

The Anne Boleyn Files
Scribbler

Post by The Anne Boleyn Files » Sun July 26th, 2009, 11:13 am

Thank you for posting about The Anne Boleyn Files Experience 2010. I realise it's quite pricey when you've got flights etc. but I so wanted to be based at Hever Castle, rather than some anonymous hotel, and it is inclusive of all food (yummy buffets and 3 course banquets) and trips so at least you don't have to part with lots of cash when you're there.

I'm limiting it to a maximum of 30 people so that we can all get to know each other, have a really personal experience and get to chat to the speakers and ask questions. I'm so excited about it.

For all us bookworms, it also includes a special pack of at least 10 books (newly released or recent), with many of them signed by the authors.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning it. It's going to be great fun.

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Sun July 26th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Wow! That would be an amazing experience! If I could afford it, I would attend something such as that. To me it is one of those once in a lifetime type opportunities. But for now, wishful thinking!

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Sun July 26th, 2009, 2:19 pm

It sounds like fun, but its outta my price range. I'd like to get a review though if anyone from here goes. :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun July 26th, 2009, 3:27 pm

"Honey can I get my anniversary gift early in 2010?" :D

robinbird79
Avid Reader

Post by robinbird79 » Sun July 26th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Oh my stars!!! I would absolutely give my left arm to do this!! Why the range in the price?

Getting to London is not expensive for me...one of the perks of having a hubby that works for Delta. Lol. But I don't know how he'd like that other price tag. I'll have to work on him about this but it sounds WONDERFUL!!!
Currently Reading: Crown in Candlelight, R. H. Jarmen

http://almostcrazymommy.blogspot.com

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Sun July 26th, 2009, 6:41 pm

[quote=""robinbird79""]Oh my stars!!! I would absolutely give my left arm to do this!! Why the range in the price?

Getting to London is not expensive for me...one of the perks of having a hubby that works for Delta. Lol. But I don't know how he'd like that other price tag. I'll have to work on him about this but it sounds WONDERFUL!!![/quote]

The range in the prices is due to various room options (single, double and 1 or two people in the room).

Since I had neglected to post my final thoughts on our London trip on my travel blog, I did that this morning and included a brief reference to this trip with my "wish" that I could go. I know hubby checks that blog so maybe he'll get the hint!

The Anne Boleyn Files
Scribbler

Post by The Anne Boleyn Files » Sun July 26th, 2009, 6:47 pm

The range in price is due to what room you want:-

* Single Room (1 bed) - £1850.00
* Twin Room (Twin beds) - £1749.00 per person sharing
* Double Room (1 double bed) - £1550.00 per person sharing

There are only 21 bedrooms and I'm only allowing a max of 30 people. As I have said, the cost is all inclusive except your initial transport.

You can find out more about the itinerary, speakers, what's included etc. at http://tour.theanneboleynfiles.com/

Hope you can come! :)

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sun July 26th, 2009, 6:47 pm

I would love to go but know that responsibilty will not allow it, so who ever goes must take pictures when allowed to share when they get back :D

The Anne Boleyn Files
Scribbler

Post by The Anne Boleyn Files » Sun July 26th, 2009, 6:49 pm

Sorry, just noticed Tanzanite got there first in explaining the price! The things we do to try and get our husbands to "get" our subtle hints, mine just never picks up on them!!

Return to “Tudor/Renaissance”