Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Three Queens

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Three Queens

Post by SCW » Wed January 27th, 2016, 11:56 am

PG upcoming book is about Henry VIII's 'wilful' sisters Mary and Margaret. Oh, and his first wife Katherine of Aragon, because she needs to be included.

So, my question is. Will the following make an appearance
The moldywarp
Melusine
Incest (a given)
The curse.......

Or will there be something about the Stuarts being descended from Arthur Pendragon and being "the rightful" heirs of Britain

Will wait with baited breath (sorry, but I couldn't resist the Purple Prose)

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Re: Three Queens

Post by princess garnet » Wed January 27th, 2016, 6:34 pm

Whenever it's released here in the US, and I see this in the library, I'll just borrow a copy.

Margaret and Mary have appeared or are mentioned in Philippa's Tudor novels. Two examples come to mind... In Constant Princess, both are girls with small roles in the story. They're not shown in the best light! In The Other Boleyn Girl, Mary has been back in England, married to Charles Brandon, and not a fan of Anne Boleyn.

I have Jean Plaidy's (reissued) novels about Margaret and Mary so that's good enough for me.

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Re: Three Queens

Post by SCW » Thu January 28th, 2016, 12:01 am

From my recollection of the Constant Princess, both girls as described as selfish creatures- by their father... There was another part where Princess Mary openly laughs at Catherine of Aragon whilst her grandmother is being a (b word rhymes with witch)

Though Mary was said to have begged her brother not to cast aside his true queen for madness. (that was you Anne)

Oh well, perhaps I will get a copy from the library. A friend of mine recently bought 11 PG novels...for the total sum of $11.15.... all from the local op shop.

Return to “Philippa Gregory”