Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A video review of PG

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

A video review of PG

Post by Misfit » Wed May 18th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Hilarious. Part I here and part II here. Don't miss them. I've never read the Wideacre books (and don't intend to), but the Wuthering Heights comparison is rather interesting.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

fljustice
Bibliophile

Post by fljustice » Wed May 18th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Thanks, Misfit! Loved the Wuthering Heights comparison.
Faith L. Justice, Author Website

LoveHistory
Bibliomaniac

Post by LoveHistory » Wed May 18th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Wonderfully entertaining!

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Post by LoobyG » Wed May 18th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Best thing I've seen on You-tube for ages! Very, very entertaining :D

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed May 18th, 2011, 8:00 pm

*snickers*

Most entertaining.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed May 18th, 2011, 8:30 pm

There is a good chance of a blog post about this from a blogger with 1) a wicked sense of humor and 2) has read the Wideacre book. I'll post a link for you all when I have it.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Thu May 19th, 2011, 12:53 am

The second part of the rant wasnt as entertaining because I never read either books.
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Thu May 19th, 2011, 9:16 am

I can and will never be able to see the similarities between Wideace and Wuthering Heights.
Personally (and here I'm going to betray some bad teenage reading habits) I thought Wideacre was closer in theme to the Virginia Andrews novels than Emily Bronte.

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Fri May 20th, 2011, 5:07 pm

[quote=""SCW""]I can and will never be able to see the similarities between Wideace and Wuthering Heights.
Personally (and here I'm going to betray some bad teenage reading habits) I thought Wideacre was closer in theme to the Virginia Andrews novels than Emily Bronte.[/quote]

:D I remember everyone at school reading Wideacre and Flowers in the Attic when I was about 15. I've had Wideacre on the TBR pile forever so I didn't watch much of the second part of the rant because it was clearly going to spoil the whole plot. For what it's worth I think Wuthering Heights' two-generation structure might have been inspired by Elizabeth Inchbald's A Simple Story, but I take her point & it will definitely give me a new perspective.

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Sun May 22nd, 2011, 12:51 am

I've only watched the YouTube rant now. The Wideacre part made me LOL. "Eyes dark with desire"...Oh Dear
She should have posted this before I bought the Constant Princess. And I have no desire to buy the White Queen anymore (Sorry anyone)

Return to “Philippa Gregory”