Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fallen Skies

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Fallen Skies

Post by SCW » Sun May 8th, 2011, 3:25 am

I've just ordered Fallen Skies for a mother day present (for myself). Has anyone here read it and if so is it any good?

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun May 8th, 2011, 8:30 am

[quote=""SCW""]I've just ordered Fallen Skies for a mother day present (for myself). Has anyone here read it and if so is it any good?[/quote]

I read it several years ago and don't remember anything about it, but I do remember that I enjoyed it. It's not that it's especially forgettable or anything, it's more that I have to read something twice to make it stick!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun May 8th, 2011, 9:46 am

I haven't read it but it is on my TBR pile.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Sun May 8th, 2011, 11:33 am

Years ago I contemplated buying it but ended up choosing The Wise Woman by PG instead.
I happened to read a couple of chapters on Google books but was interested to know what other readers thought of it. (I wish that I joined this website before I bought the Virgins lover) It was the only PG book I couldn't finish

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun May 8th, 2011, 11:59 am

Having just finished The Constant Princess I doubt I'll hunt down another PG book. Except for those new ones, and that's for the Melusine drinking game :D
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Telynor
Bibliophile

Post by Telynor » Mon May 9th, 2011, 3:36 am

For a moment there I thought folks were talking about an astronomy book called The Fallen Sky: An Intimate History of Shooting Stars by Christopher Cokinos. Then I realized that it was PG...

SCW
Avid Reader

Post by SCW » Mon May 9th, 2011, 4:31 am

The Constant Princess. Yes I've read that. And I know the pain

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Mon May 9th, 2011, 8:46 am

I loved Fallen Skies! I've read several of PGs books but this one as well as TOBG are the only ones that are really good. :)
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

SCW
Avid Reader

Post by SCW » Sat June 4th, 2011, 1:51 am

I've just finished Reading Fallen Skies- Ending was abrupt

Return to “Philippa Gregory”