Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Favourite Philippa Gregory Novel

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sat February 11th, 2012, 5:03 pm

I have to say since I've read Chadwick, Penman and several other authors I've not been able to read anything by PG, lately her books just dont grab me like the earlier ones. If I remember right the vey first book I read was Wideacre and though sometimes the story seemed too much I gobbled it up and Favored Child & Meridon too, then I devoured TOBG, The Queens Fool etc etc. I would have to say though that Wideacre Triology is my favorite of hers. The Boleyns are heavily written about by many authors and in many different styles so I tend to like books that are not in the majority as far as the subject.

TiciaRoma
Reader

Post by TiciaRoma » Sun February 12th, 2012, 2:53 am

I liked The Constant Princess. It made me better understand and sympathize with her position when Prince Arthur died.
Tish

"If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads but what he rereads." Nobel Laureate Francois Mauriac

Return to “Philippa Gregory”