Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Rivers Woman

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat September 3rd, 2011, 8:57 pm

At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Tue January 3rd, 2012, 11:17 am

So is this new book any good?

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Wed January 4th, 2012, 12:57 am

[quote=""Misfit""]A thumbs up from Harriet ;) [/quote]

*scratches head* ummm Who is Harriet? :confused: and does she actually read the books she reviews?

I wont say anything more about Lady of the Rivers....But I thought when Gregory started this cousins war trilogy that it would focus on Elizabeth Woodville(The White Queen), Margaret Beaufort(The Red Queen) and Elizabeth of York? Why did she forget Elizabeth York and write about Jaquetta?

Bec :)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed January 4th, 2012, 1:53 am

[quote=""rebecca""]*scratches head* ummm Who is Harriet? :confused: and does she actually read the books she reviews?

I wont say anything more about Lady of the Rivers....But I thought when Gregory started this cousins war trilogy that it would focus on Elizabeth Woodville(The White Queen), Margaret Beaufort(The Red Queen) and Elizabeth of York? Why did she forget Elizabeth York and write about Jaquetta?

Bec :) [/quote]

Lol! Anyone who solves the Harriet mystery will be forever beloved by Amazon junkies everywhere.

Personally, the book was a dog, even for PG who is uneven on her better days.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Wed January 4th, 2012, 2:59 am

[quote=""rebecca""]*scratches head* ummm Who is Harriet? :confused: and does she actually read the books she reviews?

Bec :) [/quote]

As far as I know, she's just postponed Elizabeth of York. I imagine it'll be the one after The Kingmaker's Daughters.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

rebecca
Compulsive Reader

Post by rebecca » Thu January 5th, 2012, 1:10 am

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]As far as I know, she's just postponed Elizabeth of York. I imagine it'll be the one after The Kingmaker's Daughters.[/quote]

OK. Thanks for that BB....but I think I will be buying Kingmakers Daughters from a second hand book dealer :p and also read the reviews of it first.

Bec :)

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Wed January 11th, 2012, 8:35 am

I heard she wanted to write about Eleanor of Aquitaine (or is that just a rumour)

Return to “Philippa Gregory”