Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Rivers Woman

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

The Rivers Woman

Post by Tanzanite » Fri December 18th, 2009, 6:22 pm

From Philippa's newsletter - looks like she's changed her mind on the focus of the third book:

I am some way into research for a new book on Jacquetta, Elizabeth Woodville’s mother. Whilst many of you (myself included) were expecting a book on Elizabeth of York called The White Princess to follow The Red Queen, gloriously, the research has taken me down a slightly altered path and so Jacquetta’s book, currently called The Rivers Woman, will be released in Autumn 2011.

Boswell - contain yourself!

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Post by boswellbaxter » Fri December 18th, 2009, 6:29 pm

[quote=""Tanzanite""]From Philippa's newsletter - looks like she's changed her mind on the focus of the third book:

I am some way into research for a new book on Jacquetta, Elizabeth Woodville’s mother. Whilst many of you (myself included) were expecting a book on Elizabeth of York called The White Princess to follow The Red Queen, gloriously, the research has taken me down a slightly altered path and so Jacquetta’s book, currently called The Rivers Woman, will be released in Autumn 2011.

Boswell - contain yourself![/quote]

I really don't think I can. I see LOTS of Melusine here.
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Sat December 19th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Perhaps there is a Melusine antidote that we could slip into her food or drink??

JMJacobsen
Reader

Post by JMJacobsen » Sun December 20th, 2009, 12:02 am

[quote=""boswellbaxter""]I really don't think I can. I see LOTS of Melusine here.[/quote]

Oh good grief, I need an antacid just thinking about it.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun December 20th, 2009, 12:41 am

I'm not sure I can take it. Aiyee!
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Sun December 20th, 2009, 2:11 pm

First reaction: Oh gawd :(

Second reaction: At least there won't now be a whole book about RIII/Elizabeth of York incest! Which was what I was expecting from The White Princess.

zsigandr
Avid Reader

Post by zsigandr » Mon December 21st, 2009, 7:44 pm

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]First reaction: Oh gawd :(

Second reaction: At least there won't now be a whole book about RIII/Elizabeth of York incest! Which was what I was expecting from The White Princess.[/quote]

LOL! You never know though, perhaps the RIII/Elizabeth of York thing is just on the back burner. If she keeps selling them, she'll keep writing them.

I won't be reading this one - I can't take anymore of the whole Melusine thing!!!!
Andrea

Chatterbox
Bibliophile

Post by Chatterbox » Mon December 21st, 2009, 7:49 pm

That Gregory woman...
Still, her most interesting books (IMO) have been those that tell the stories from the perspective of the less-known characters (like Mary Boleyn). So I've got higher hopes for Red Queen.

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sat January 9th, 2010, 3:37 pm

so she is writing and second and third book to The White Queen? I don't follow her anymore so this is news to me. I won't try to read them does anyone else plan on attempting them?

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun January 10th, 2010, 12:36 pm

LOL, when I saw the title of the thread 'The Rivers Woman', I immediately thought of Joan Rivers!!!!! :rolleyes: The title doesn't seem to follow on from the previous two.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Return to “Philippa Gregory”