Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Another new release coming soon

(including the other many pseudonyms of Eleanor Hibbert)
princess garnet
Bibliophile

Postby princess garnet » Tue July 7th, 2009, 4:23 pm

Remember when the Plaidy reissues first came out? They featured the actual subjects!

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Postby Tanzanite » Fri July 10th, 2009, 7:11 pm

The last three volumes (Epitaph for Three Women; The Red Rose of Anjou and The Sun in Splendour) of the Plantagenet series will be released in the UK in October. I posted the covers on my blog.

boswellbaxter
Bibliomaniac

Postby boswellbaxter » Fri July 10th, 2009, 7:29 pm

"Tanzanite" wrote:The last three volumes (Epitaph for Three Women; The Red Rose of Anjou and The Sun in Splendour) of the Plantagenet series will be released in the UK in October. I posted the covers on my blog.

I like the other two, but the one for the Red Rose of Anjou looks as if the headless woman has been to a yard sale, with all the stuff in and around her hands!
Susan Higginbotham
Coming in October: The Woodvilles

http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/
http://www.susanhigginbotham.com/blog/

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Postby EC2 » Fri July 10th, 2009, 10:42 pm

"boswellbaxter" wrote:I like the other two, but the one for the Red Rose of Anjou looks as if the headless woman has been to a yard sale, with all the stuff in and around her hands!

LOL she does! I also grinned at Amy's comment re the headless man for Sun in Splendour, but are you so sure it's a man? It could be eccentric Aunty Mabel in huntin' shootin' fishin' mode!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

Return to “Jean Plaidy”