Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Complete Tudors: Nine Historical Novels

(including the other many pseudonyms of Eleanor Hibbert)
Misfit
Bibliomaniac

The Complete Tudors: Nine Historical Novels

Post by Misfit » Mon July 11th, 2011, 3:15 pm

Perhaps a must for the Plaidy junkies with kindles. I was bored at work and perusing the HF kindle books and accidentally clicked on price high - low intead of low - high and found this. $99.99

Product Description
The nine Tudor novels by beloved novelist Jean Plaidy are now available as one complete series spanning sixteenth-century England. This exciting collection includes a brand-new character guide, along with reading group guides for seven books. Read all nine novels in order for the first time digitally and delve into the lives of this fascinating dynasty—full of intrigue, betrayal, marriages, and deaths, in a complete package, never before available.
1. To Hold the Crown
In this sweeping tale of marriage and power, love and heartbreak, Henry VII and Elizabeth of York’s troubled ascension to the throne of England ultimately launches the Tudor dynasty.

2. Katharine of Aragon
Katharine of Aragon held her husband Henry VIII’s affection—but only for so long.

3. Murder Most Royal
One powerful king. Two tragic queens. Sophisticated Anne Boleyn and innocent Catherine Howard meet with the all-consuming—and fickle—passions of tempestuous King Henry VIII.

4. The King’s Confidante
The King’s servant, but God’s first. The English lawyer Sir Thomas More rises to become King Henry VIII’s most trusted advisor, but his refusal to recognize Henry as the supreme head of the Church of England ends his political career . . . and leads to his trial for treason.

5. The Sixth Wife
Dangerous court intrigue and affairs of the heart collide during the story of Katherine Parr, the last of Henry VIII’s six queens.

6. The Thistle and the Rose
The story of Princess Margaret Tudor, whose life of tragedy, bloodshed, and scandal would rival even that of her younger brother, Henry VIII.

7. Mary, Queen of France
The story of Princess Mary Tudor, a celebrated beauty and born rebel who would defy the most powerful king in Europe—her older brother.

8. For a Queen’s Love
Power-hungry monarch, cold-blooded murderer, obsessive monster—who could love such a man? Set against the glittering courts of sixteenth-century Europe, the Spain of the dreaded Inquisition, and the tortured England of Bloody Mary, this is the story of Philip II of Spain—and of the women who loved him as a husband and father.

9. A Favorite of the Queen
Torn between her heart’s passion and duty to her kingdom, Elizabeth I must make a decision that will shape her country and place her name in history forever.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon July 11th, 2011, 6:54 pm

I think you'd have to be a serious Plaidy fan to churn through this amount of her work. Exciting she isn't, as a rule!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon July 11th, 2011, 8:31 pm

[quote=""annis""]I think you'd have to be a serious Plaidy fan to churn through this amount of her work. Exciting she isn't, as a rule![/quote]

She's dull as dirt for me, even the few that I did like fairly well.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

princess garnet
Bibliophile

Post by princess garnet » Mon July 11th, 2011, 11:13 pm

I have them all in print format. I wish I'd gotten Katherine of Aragon omnibus when it was first reissued. It actually had a portrait of her.
#2 and 5 were part of the "Tudor Wives" series when they were first reissued; #6 and 7 were "Tudor Princesses"
Last edited by princess garnet on Mon July 11th, 2011, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Sat August 20th, 2011, 12:15 pm

I bought them all when I was a teenager...they had the cheesy 60s covers plus the original titles and were selling very cheaply...I was very happy to read them then....

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Tue August 23rd, 2011, 11:01 pm

Have those all in print already.
Into battle we ride with Gods by our side
We are strong and not afraid to die
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
WE´LL FIGHT TILL THE END! And send our enemies straight to Hell!
- "Into Battle"
{Ensiferum}

Return to “Jean Plaidy”