Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Carolly Erickson

nona
Bibliophile

MQofS *might be spoilers*

Post by nona » Thu October 22nd, 2009, 2:06 pm

oh dear where shall I start?

I read her non fiction and enjoyed them and her historical entertainment on Marie A which Ireally enjoyed then her book on dear Josephine B. which plainly seemed far fetch but this, this seems to top them all.

I picked The Memiors of Mary Queen of Scotts up fronm the library mainly because the carry alot of HF so I figured I give ita try, well I tried. I put it asid within the fourth chapter and swore I'ld never touch it again. Of course I hate not finishing a book so I recently just picked it up again.

the whole Orange Blossom thing is *sigh* I don't know how to say it, hardly true would be a great start.

the whole thing about Henry raping her using the boys to assist him, :eek:

and what is up with all the witchcraft lately? it seem to be the thing to add your novel

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat October 24th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Erm, just noticed a new review up for the MQofS book on Amazon.
I'm supervised by the negative reviews of this book. This book is called "historical FICTION, for a reason. We all know the major points of what happened to poor Mary but the author decided to fill in the blanks with some fun, made up stories. I read this book in two days and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you're looking for historical fiction then this book is for you. If you're looking for factual history look somewhere else and prepare to be bored.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

nona
Bibliophile

Post by nona » Sat October 24th, 2009, 6:39 pm

did Mary really have a daughter is that an entertainment tidbit?

Return to “By Author”