Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gwen Bristow

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Gwen Bristow

Post by Misfit » Wed May 21st, 2014, 9:53 pm

I am jumping up and down for joy. Looks like her books have finally been digitalized, including the very HTF Plantation trilogy. Link to Amazon. I did find these in the Overdrive catalog, so those whose libraries goes through Overdrive, put in your purchase suggestions.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Thu May 22nd, 2014, 3:32 pm

Yay! Gwen Bristow's books will make good comfort rereads, now that they are on kindle. I have a HB copy of Calico Palace, but lately I find the Kindle so much easier to read I rarely pick up my other books.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu May 22nd, 2014, 4:08 pm

[quote=""MLE (Emily Cotton)""]Yay! Gwen Bristow's books will make good comfort rereads, now that they are on kindle. I have a HB copy of Calico Palace, but lately I find the Kindle so much easier to read I rarely pick up my other books.[/quote]

I still have my old hardcover of Calico Palace, plus the Chicago Review edition from a few years ago, but I would definitely prefer to read on a Kindle next time around. The kindle prices are a bit high, but with them being in the Overdrive catalog, most of the libraries should pick up the titles.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

peterinwa

Re: Gwen Bristow

Post by peterinwa » Sat June 22nd, 2019, 11:18 pm

I love this author. I've read Calico Palace, and I'm currently reading Jubilee Trail.

Just now I'm ordering Deep Summer, the first in her Plantation Trilogy, to see if I like them.

Any other recommendations of books by this author welcome!

Return to “By Author”