Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anita Burgh

regsmith

Anita Burgh

Post by regsmith » Sun November 18th, 2012, 5:56 am

Has anybody had the experience of reading any books by Anita Burgh?
I started reading a new trilogy I got last summer that is absolutely amazing.
I finished another trilogy of hers this summer and two single story books.
I find her writing absolutely wonderful and find myself totally lost and absorbed in the books when I read them.

Am interested in hearing if anyone has read any of her books.

regsmith

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sun November 18th, 2012, 12:20 pm

I have one of this author's books on my TBR pile - The Broken Gate - which is the first in a trilogy I believe. It's very encouraging that you enjoy her books, Reg.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

EC2
Bibliomaniac

Post by EC2 » Sun November 18th, 2012, 12:39 pm

I enjoyed The Broken gate - and I know Anita Burgh. :) We belong to a closed group of longterm friends and writers. A lovely lady with a twinkling sense of humour!
Les proz e les vassals
Souvent entre piez de chevals
Kar ja li coard n’I chasront

'The Brave and the valiant
Are always to be found between the hooves of horses
For never will cowards fall down there.'

Histoire de Guillaume le Mareschal

www.elizabethchadwick.com

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat November 24th, 2012, 8:07 pm

Yes, I enjoyed her Cresswell Inheritance trilogy (quite topical at the moment as it's set around the First World War à la Downton Abbey), and also the Daughters of a Granite Land series set in late 19th century Cornwell. And back in the day she also wrote some fun modern country tales along the lines of Jilly Cooper, like Breeders.

Listing at Fantastic Fiction.

regsmith

Daughters of Granite Land

Post by regsmith » Wed December 5th, 2012, 4:25 am

Reading the first book. Can't put it down but don't want it to end. These books are as good as Downton Abbey. When I finish the trilogy, what will I be able to read??? I am worried I am not going to enjoy anything else I find!!

:D

regsmith

Return to “By Author”