Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Juliette Benzoni

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

The cover of my copy of Marianne and the Privateer

Post by Miss Moppet » Sun August 15th, 2010, 11:19 pm

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun August 15th, 2010, 11:30 pm

Oh my. BTW, anyone that has these handy with the plot descriptions feel free to post them here and I'll get them up at Goodreads. Moppet, if you have an ISBN# for me I'll add it to GR as well with the cover.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Mon August 16th, 2010, 12:11 am

[quote=""Misfit""]Oh my. BTW, anyone that has these handy with the plot descriptions feel free to post them here and I'll get them up at Goodreads. Moppet, if you have an ISBN# for me I'll add it to GR as well with the cover.[/quote]

ISBN is 0 330 23883 3. But, I think I already found this edition at GR, only someone had put it up without the cover, and I couldn't find a way to add a cover to an edition that was already there.

Plot description is as follows:
'No other man shall touch you and not know you belong to me.'

Fleeing from her second husband, the mysterious, masked Prince Sant'Anna, and the hidden evils of his Tuscany estates, Marianne returns to the pomp and vice of the Emperor's Paris.

Once again, men fight over her breathtaking beauty, but Marianne's heart is lost to Jason Beaufort, the bold American sea-rover.

Enmeshed in a web of dangerous intrigue, Marianne finds her new love threatened by the lust of Count Chernychev, the greed of Francis Cranmere, the ambitions of Napoleon and the vengeance of Pilar - spurned wife to Jason...

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon August 16th, 2010, 12:32 am

[quote=""Miss Moppet""]ISBN is 0 330 23883 3. But, I think I already found this edition at GR, only someone had put it up without the cover, and I couldn't find a way to add a cover to an edition that was already there.

Plot description is as follows:[/quote]

Thanks for the info (can't wait to keep reading these). You have to have librarian status at GR (a simple application and approval) to edit books/descriptions/covers. I recommend applying, as there are no requirements to monitor every single book. Add a cover, a blurb, correct page counts as they come across. If you don't want that, there is a Goodreads Librarian group and you can post your requests for corrections there. Handy as all get out to have just to adjust page counts on a current read.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Mon August 16th, 2010, 12:41 am

And glad to know we'll be seeing more of Jason...

Miss Moppet
Bibliophile

Post by Miss Moppet » Mon August 16th, 2010, 12:49 am

[quote=""Misfit""]Thanks for the info (can't wait to keep reading these). You have to have librarian status at GR (a simple application and approval) to edit books/descriptions/covers. I recommend applying, as there are no requirements to monitor every single book.[/quote]

I'll do that! Thanks. Drives me nuts to see books with the wrong details.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Mon August 16th, 2010, 6:03 am

Love that cover :) There's some serious cantilevering happening there!

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Post by LoobyG » Mon August 16th, 2010, 10:26 am

She looks like a grumpy Sophie Marceau :)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Marianne and the Masked Prince

Post by Misfit » Wed August 18th, 2010, 12:10 am

Just picked this up at the library today and it definitely is the next book, took a quick look at page one and it starts right off where the last left off. I added the blurb from the book onto the Goodreads page but it is slightly spoilerish to those who haven't finished book one so enter at your own risk.

PS, does anyone remember watching Days of Our Lives? Does the dude on Moppet's cover look like Stephano di Mira or what?

Last edited by Misfit on Wed August 18th, 2010, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Thu August 19th, 2010, 5:13 pm

Just found another cover for Marianne and the Masked Prince. Glad my copy was a plain hardback.

Return to “By Author”