Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Susan Bowden

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Susan Bowden

Post by Misfit » Wed February 10th, 2010, 10:20 pm

I had never heard of this author until Tanzanite posted one of her covers on her blogs and since it was about R3 I decided to get a copy. Despite the cheesy cover it was much more historical than romance (sex was pretty tame and few and far between). What surprised me is after Bosworth Field I was expecting another what really happened to the princes/Perkin Warbeck type of story to finish off the last half and was surprised when it fast forwarded to the grandson and dealt with the Pilgramage of Grace in Henry VIII's reign.

In The Shadow of the Crown is the first in a trilogy and I've tracked down the other two and had to share the covers. As best as I can tell these are set during Elizabeth's reign, but I have to wait until I get the books to read the description. Love the third one the best :p ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Wed February 10th, 2010, 10:48 pm

Another Misfit new "old" find! Never heard of this author, but did find a sketchy profile here, though it doesn't help as far as synopses of her novels go:
http://www.mbwriter.mb.ca/mapindex/b_pr ... den_s.html

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed February 10th, 2010, 11:48 pm

But Annis, they are such wonderful surprise packages.
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Thu February 11th, 2010, 12:46 am

Always happy to add to the TBR pile!

Return to “By Author”