Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stella Riley

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat February 12th, 2011, 1:20 am

Still very spendy, but a significant price drop on The Black Madonna to $21 + S&H, http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Sat February 12th, 2011, 8:26 am

The prices of all Riley's civil war novels are dropping here in the UK. A Splendid Defiance is (or was last time I looked) only 1.25 (GBP).

You can also try hitting the "tell the publisher you want this book on Kindle" as well. Even if you don't have a Kindle, it will at least alert the publisher that people are interested in the book (especially if they don't have to pay megabucks for them).
Currently reading - Emergence of a Nation State by Alan Smith

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat February 12th, 2011, 11:03 am

[quote=""SGM""]The prices of all Riley's civil war novels are dropping here in the UK. A Splendid Defiance is (or was last time I looked) only 1.25 (GBP).

You can also try hitting the "tell the publisher you want this book on Kindle" as well. Even if you don't have a Kindle, it will at least alert the publisher that people are interested in the book (especially if they don't have to pay megabucks for them).[/quote]

Interesting the sudden price drops, perhaps something is in the wind? I'll look for the tell the publisher button also, thanks for the tip on that.

LoobyG
Compulsive Reader

Post by LoobyG » Sun February 13th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Thanks for this heads up, I'm very interested in trying Stella Riley but have been holding off purchasing due to the prices! :eek:

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun February 13th, 2011, 9:32 pm

[quote=""LoobyG""]Thanks for this heads up, I'm very interested in trying Stella Riley but have been holding off purchasing due to the prices! :eek: [/quote]

Oh good luck, the Civil war trilogy is very good especially the first one.

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Sat February 26th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Here is a link to a short thread regarding Stella Riley's novels at Amazon.co.uk.

Perhaps anyone interested in these novels would care to add their five-pennethworth (as I am not sure if that expression translates - please consider adding a comment to the thread) to assist raising their profile. Every small contribution might help. You never know.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/dis ... BE7Q6D06R3

or if that doesn't work try this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stella-Riley/e/ ... r_dp_pel_1
Last edited by SGM on Sat February 26th, 2011, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat February 26th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Thanks for that. I have looked for the tell the publisher about kindle link, but to no avail. Where abouts on the book page would I find that?

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Sat February 26th, 2011, 5:11 pm

It may well be that .com is different but here is a screenshot of how it looks at .uk. But I will have a look at .com to see if I can find it there -- as I know what it looks like.

Do I need to make the image bigger? I was trying to create something that wasn't a huge file but I might have gone a little too small.

\hmmmm....I can't find it on .com either. Maybe you will need to do it at .uk.
Last edited by SGM on Sat February 26th, 2011, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat February 26th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Odd, I had been at .uk and just went there again. Perhaps because I'm from the US I don't have that option? Or because I don't own a kindle?

SGM
Compulsive Reader

Post by SGM » Sat February 26th, 2011, 5:55 pm

It may be because you don't have Kindle. It's difficult for me to say because I have had Kindle for PC (and still have on two laptops) for a lot longer than I have had a Kindle and presumably you get the option if you have the PC, iPad or Android applications as well. I only use the Kindle for when I am on the hoof and use a laptop attached to a large screen which I sit a long way from when I am at home. I only really got the Kindle so I could read the PDFs from the Internet Archive whilst I am travelling instead of being restricted to just reading them at home.

It might sound daft but it works well that way for me.

Return to “By Author”