Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ellen Gunderson Traylor

Jack
Reader

Ellen Gunderson Traylor

Post by Jack » Tue October 27th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Anyone read books by this author? I've now read three, and i'm looking for the promised sequel to GABRIEL: The war in heaven. She's picked difficult genre, but so far her books (Noah: Moses: and Gabriel) have all been fun to read.

Anyone else out there?

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Wed October 28th, 2009, 5:50 am

I haven't read her books, Jack, but I did make a note of her a while ago, when I saw mention of her book about Jerusalem, written in a sweep-of-history Edward Rutherfurd style. She appears to be a prolific author, and has written a large number of books with biblical themes.

Jack
Reader

Post by Jack » Fri October 30th, 2009, 6:37 pm

[quote=""annis""]I haven't read her books, Jack, but I did make a note of her a while ago, when I saw mention of her book about Jerusalem, written in a sweep-of-history Edward Rutherfurd style. She appears to be a prolific author, and has written a large number of books with biblical themes.[/quote]

Annis,
You're pretty spooky (perhaps it's the season) I just picked up Jerusalem yesterday. I'll get to it next week and let you know.

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Fri October 1st, 2010, 5:35 am

I discovered this author last year. I like reading novels about Biblical characters and, seeing that she has written so many, I was looking forward to many pleasurable reading hours working my way through her books. I chose to read her book on Samson and, unfortunately, I was disappointed. Her story arc, as far as fictional secondary characters she added and the backstory she created for Samson and Delilah, was good. It was just the writing itself that left something to be desired. I haven't tried anything else by her.

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Fri October 1st, 2010, 6:31 am

I haven't read anything by her, but she is an extremely prolific author. Maybe she goes for quantity over quality!

Michy
Bibliophile

Post by Michy » Sat October 2nd, 2010, 4:56 pm

Her writing wasn't terrible -- I rated the book 3 stars. It just wasn't good enough to make me want to read anything else by her. Especially when there are so many other books and authors to be read!!

Return to “By Author”