Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Day Taylor

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Day Taylor

Post by Misfit » Sat October 10th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Anyone ever heard of her? I think she wrote about 5-6 books in the 80's with those gloriously cheesy covers that have Tanzanite's name all over them. I just finished one of two in a series, The Magnificent Dream, review here. Pretty good and a nice blend of romance and historical details. Kind of like Gellis but without the heavy handed misunderstandings and purply prosed sex scenes. I'm even ignoring Wolf Hall and starting in on the second book today :o :o
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

annis
Bibliomaniac

Post by annis » Sat October 10th, 2009, 6:46 pm

This is a new one for me, Misfit- never heard of her at all! Isn't it frustrating trying to find out anything about these older OP books? I wish second-hand booksellers would add synopses with their listings. Thanks to your review, though, readers will now be able to find out about Day Taylor, previously MIA for many years :)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sat October 10th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Woohoo! One that even Annis never heard of :) ;)

It's so fun to discover these little treasures (or sometimes duds). She's got a pair of books set during the civil war and afterwards in Savanah (I got that much at paperbackswap). I'l trying to get my hands on them. I love a good romance, but most of the stuff today is such crap. If we could just find an author that could churn out stuff like EC's The Love Knot, The Marsh King's Daughter I'd be in heaven :)

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Distant Dream

Post by Misfit » Wed April 14th, 2010, 8:34 pm

OK, let's see how good Annis really is. I've found a book listed under this author and I'm guessing it could be a sequel to the two California books but we can't find it listed anywhere for sale, nor even what it's about or a cover. Publishing info,
Paperback
Publisher: Dell Pub Co (Sep 1984)
Language English
ISBN-10: 0440120403
ISBN-13: 978-0440120407

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Wed April 14th, 2010, 8:50 pm

If this is Distant Dream, it's not in WorldCat which makes me wonder if it exists. There is another book called Magnificent Dream which is in there.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed April 14th, 2010, 9:08 pm

No, I have Magnificent Dream and it's followed by Sands of Gold. That book leaves you with there's more to the story kind of feeling. That said, I just looked at the publications dates on Goodreads and MD and DD both have the same year and are perhaps one and the same.

She's also written under the name Sharon Salvato.

Ariadne
Bibliophile

Post by Ariadne » Wed April 14th, 2010, 9:19 pm

That's what I'm thinking, that they're the same book and it's a mistyped title. I'll see if I can find out anything else.

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Wed April 14th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Thanks. Drives me nuts if I think there's more to a story and I can't get my hands on it :o :) ;)

Gaslight
Scribbler

Post by Gaslight » Thu April 15th, 2010, 12:31 am

I think Day Taylor just had a problem finishing up an epic storyline, since Mossrose left off with a To Be Continued feel and, AFAIK, she/they didn't follow through. :( I really wanted to find out what Adam and Dulcie were going to get up to in merry England.

Return to “By Author”