Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suzannah Dunn

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Wed September 16th, 2009, 3:45 am

[quote=""Veronica""]Just finished THe queens of subtleties. And as mentioned the language is very modern, it was ok but I think for you guys that are REALLY in to HF this would not be to your liking. I said it wasn't the best, especially not when she used the words "**** off" three times... I would guess that wouldn't had been said back in the days?
Also we follow Anne Boleyn and Lucy Cornwallis, two stories that does not involve each other the slightest. It dosen't even seem to match up in the time frame, while Lucy is telling the story one preson is dead but when reading about Anne's story the person is still alive.
Not a crap book but I would not recommend it to anyone really. Got Dunn's other books, lets see if they might be any better...[/quote]

I just started this one today. See what you mean about the language. The double story-line thing doesn't work for me either. And I find her Anne a little annoying. It doesn't really sound like her, if that makes sense. Not like the Tudor- era novels about her I have.
Will finish it, and the other two... just because. (Must satisfy my curiosity.)

Veronica
Avid Reader

Post by Veronica » Thu September 17th, 2009, 1:56 am

[quote=""Nefret""]Will finish it, and the other two... just because. (Must satisfy my curiosity.)[/quote]

Same reason here! :D
"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"

Nefret
Bibliomaniac
Favourite HF book: Welsh Princes trilogy
Preferred HF: The Middle Ages (England), New Kingdom Egypt, Medieval France

Post by Nefret » Thu September 17th, 2009, 3:34 am

[quote=""Veronica""]Same reason here! :D [/quote]

Which one are you going to try next? Think I might go for the Mary I book after this.

Return to “By Author”