Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Audible question

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Audible question

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sat December 20th, 2014, 4:23 pm

The old crone needs help with new technology. I have a new smartphone. Much smarter than I am, I'm afraid. I love that it will play audiobooks from my audible account into the bluetooth when I'm hiking and my car speaker when I drive.
The dh commutes to silicon valley (2 hours in traffic daily) and he has been listening on an mp3 player. He just got a smartphone too, but Audible wants him to create a new account for it. I'm supposed to find out if the same audible account can run on two phones. Anybody here know?

Amanda
Compulsive Reader

Post by Amanda » Sun December 21st, 2014, 2:07 am

MLE (Emily Cotton)
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: started in childhood with the classics, which, IMHO are HF even if they were contemporary when written.
Favourite HF book: Prince of Foxes, by Samuel Shellabarger
Preferred HF: Currently prefer 1600 and earlier, but I'll read anything that keeps me turning the page.

Post by MLE (Emily Cotton) » Sun December 21st, 2014, 3:58 am

Thank you Amanda, yes it did! It seems that the reason a second phone cannot be activated is that my account is still registered to a couple of old ipod nanos I no longer use. Only 3 devices are allowed. I just went in and jettisoned the old nano activations, and now Jay can put an Audible account on his phone.

I actually DID try asking their help first, but they didn't get around to mentioning the problem with extra devices. Probably some half-trained tech somewhere.

Combined with the half-brained new smartphone user, the necessary loose wires did not connect. :rolleyes:
Thanks again.

Return to “Audiobooks”