Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forthcoming Books: 2009 edition

Retired Threads
michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Tue April 14th, 2009, 6:54 pm

Actually, I had no idea that was the cover! As I posted on Tanzanite's site, they showed me a different one (they did say it was temporary... my US one has already gone through three changes). But I like this better. It wouldn't work in the US market, but the UK market is much different.

Also, I'm not sure why it says paperback. It's supposed to be hardcover. I think Amazon made a mistake. The UK releases my novels first in hardcover, then in trade paperback, and finally in mass market.
Visit MichelleMoran.com
Check out Michelle's blog History Buff at michellemoran.blogspot.com

diamondlil
Bibliomaniac

Post by diamondlil » Tue April 14th, 2009, 10:21 pm

So you think the details may change again?
My Blog - Reading Adventures

All things Historical Fiction - Historical Tapestry

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Tue April 14th, 2009, 11:04 pm

[quote=""michellemoran""]Actually, I had no idea that was the cover! As I posted on Tanzanite's site, they showed me a different one (they did say it was temporary... my US one has already gone through three changes). But I like this better. It wouldn't work in the US market, but the UK market is much different.

Also, I'm not sure why it says paperback. It's supposed to be hardcover. I think Amazon made a mistake. The UK releases my novels first in hardcover, then in trade paperback, and finally in mass market.[/quote]

I like the yellow dress better than the blue - the blue seemed too strong and overpowered the cover.

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Tue April 14th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Diamondlil: So you think the details may change again?
Yes, probably! It usually goes through 3-5 changes. I may also have spoken too soon about releasing in hardcover. Although the previous books have come out in hardcover, this one may debut in trade paperback instead. So maybe Amazon doesn't have it wrong... To be honest, I'm not sure. My editor has been very ill for four months so I don't have too many details about the UK edition.
Tanzanite: I like the yellow dress better than the blue - the blue seemed too strong and overpowered the cover.
I agree! When the final version of my US cover is released, I'll post images of all the cover phases it went through!
Visit MichelleMoran.com

Divia
Bibliomaniac

Post by Divia » Wed April 15th, 2009, 12:39 am

[quote=""michellemoran""]I agree! When the final version of my US cover is released, I'll post images of all the cover phases it went through![/quote]

Cool. I always enjoy seeing the process. :)
News, views, and reviews on books and graphic novels for young adult.
http://yabookmarks.blogspot.com/

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Wed April 15th, 2009, 3:38 am

I found this cover on Fantastic Fiction for Gregory's The White Queen. It's not on Amazon, but it's definately different.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/phi ... -queen.htm

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed April 15th, 2009, 3:40 am

[quote=""Tanzanite""]I found this cover on Fantastic Fiction for Gregory's The White Queen. It's not on Amazon, but it's definately different.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/phi ... -queen.htm[/quote]

It is on Amazon UK though:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Queen-Phi ... 823&sr=8-2

SM
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

Tanzanite
Bibliophile

Post by Tanzanite » Wed April 15th, 2009, 3:43 am

That's weird. I looked for it there as well but didn't see it. Oh well, I'll just consider it another one of those signs that I'm getting old - and obviously blind!

SonjaMarie
Bibliomaniac

Post by SonjaMarie » Wed April 15th, 2009, 3:45 am

[quote=""Tanzanite""]That's weird. I looked for it there as well but didn't see it. Oh well, I'll just consider it another one of those signs that I'm getting old - and obviously blind![/quote]

If you tried searching for it with "The" in the title it might not have shown up, I only found it because I was searching under Historical Fiction books.

SM
Last edited by SonjaMarie on Wed April 15th, 2009, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lady Jane Grey Internet Museum
My Booksfree Queue

Original Join Date: Mar 2006
Previous Amount of Posts: 2,517
Books Read In 2014: 109 - June: 17 (May: 17)
Full List Here: http://www.historicalfictiononline.com/ ... p?p=114965

michellemoran
Bibliophile

Post by michellemoran » Wed April 15th, 2009, 3:49 am

Wow. Very different. For some reason it reminds me of Alison Weir's covers.

I wonder if all subsequent HF will now have faces in bubbles... ;)
Visit MichelleMoran.com

Return to “Archives”