Welcome to the Historical Fiction Online forums: a friendly place to discuss, review and discover historical fiction.
If this is your first visit, please be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing posts, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A Kings Ransom

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

A Kings Ransom

Post by SCW » Sat March 9th, 2013, 4:13 am

I am really looking forward to this book

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: The Farm at the Edge of the World by Sarah Vaughan
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.
Favourite HF book: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell!
Preferred HF: Any

Post by Vanessa » Sat March 9th, 2013, 10:26 am

I can't find anything on Amazon - when is it being published? When I enter it in the search engine Lionheart comes up. Is it another title?
Last edited by Vanessa on Sat March 9th, 2013, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
currently reading: My Books on Goodreads

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

Madeleine
Bibliomaniac
Currently reading: "Mania" by L J Ross
Preferred HF: Plantagenets, Victorian, crime, dual time-frame

Post by Madeleine » Sat March 9th, 2013, 12:11 pm

It's the follow on from Lionheart, it's not even been published yet, in fact I don't even know if SKP has finished it!
Currently reading "Mania" by L J Ross

Brenna
Bibliophile

Post by Brenna » Sat March 9th, 2013, 1:13 pm

She is still writing. Originally Kings Ransom was supposed to be published in 2013 but according to SKP she couldn't finish under such a timeline. My understanding is now it will be published in 2014 but to hold us over they are re-releasing Sunne- I think maybe just in the UK but I could be wrong.

Personally while disappointed with the push back of the deadline, I love that SKP takes so much time with her books to ensure perfection!
Brenna

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac
Interest in HF: The first historical novel I read was Katherine by Anya Seton and this sparked off my interest in this genre.

Post by Vanessa » Sat March 9th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Thanks for that - I couldn't see anything on SKP's website.

Books are mirrors, you only see in them what you already have inside you ~ The Shadow of the Wind

SCW
Avid Reader
Preferred HF: Lately World Two or the time immediately before and after this period

Post by SCW » Sun March 10th, 2013, 3:49 am

SKP has been posting parts of it on her website. It goes up to the first year of King Johns reign. Plus there appears to be two really unpleasant villains in this tale.

Vanessa
Bibliomaniac

Post by Vanessa » Sun March 10th, 2013, 11:49 am

I'll have to have another look - I must've been looking in the wrong place!

Misfit
Bibliomaniac

Post by Misfit » Sun March 10th, 2013, 4:28 pm

You might try following her at FB, she's always posting about her progress and/or medieval historical events. From a post she's put up today:
I am still at Rouen with the first Richard, where a raucous Christmas celebration turns into a somber wake. Has anyone noticed how many people die in one of my novels?
At home with a good book and the cat...
...is the only place I want to be

SCW
Avid Reader

Post by SCW » Mon March 11th, 2013, 7:55 am

I have to say that I've managed to wean myself off facebook- it was taking up too much time (which could have been used for reading historical novels}

Lisa
Bibliophile
Favourite HF book: Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman
Preferred HF: Any time period/location. Timeslip, usually prefer female POV. Also love Gothic melodrama.

Post by Lisa » Mon March 11th, 2013, 10:48 am

I think SKP shares those posts on GoodReads too, so that's an alternative to FB. I don't follow her on FB though so I don't know if all the posts appear on GR as well.

Return to “Sharon Penman”